Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Week In Pictures #4: The Shipping Manager



What do you do when you are six months pregnant with your first baby, working full time in a leadership position that requires extensive travel AND trying to figure out new world order for your expanded family?  Ah yes, of course ... you decide to try your hand at small business! 

Last summer, just before the babe's arrival, I decided it was time to quit talking and start doing.  And with that, I started Charmed Life Kids.  A small boutique business focused online for children's high end apparel at affordable prices.  I incorporated, designed, manufactured ... you name it.  I'm fairly confident most of this process was just simply to learn "how to do it" but it has been fun along the way.  I definitely have a new respect and understanding of aspects of business I did not before.  It's been worth every minute of thought I've given it.

With that, fast forward a few months.  Now the babe is here, I'm still travelling like crazy and working like a dog but still ... I'm enjoying every minute of it.  Sure, sometimes I have to call in for re-enforcements and that's when the babe becomes my "shipping and warehouse manager".  We spend a few minutes each night packaging up the daily sales and getting them ready for shipment.  Business is going well and I feel very blessed to wish that I just had more hours in the day to devote to the "side business.

I wonder if my shipping manager will one day have this on his little resume?  How cute is he!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment