Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Realistic Resolution

Ok ... ok... I'm terrible about actually maintaining this blog.  I get it.  I think about it often but between the "day job", the babe, the "new day job", the small business, the crafty blog, getting dinner on the table, the tennis matches, the Jr. League meetings, the family time, the friend time, the glasses of wine, the business dinners, the laundry (oh how I hate the laundry), .... shall I go on???  The reality is that there is always a reasonable excuse NOT to focus on this.    And, quite frankly, I hate that.  By the time something worth writing about happens, the time it takes to find pictures, write the story, reasonably edit and then post ... well, by then the moment has passed and I'm knee deep in the next situation.

So ... after spending the holidays going 100 miles an hour, I rested long enough to have a great (well, I think it's great) idea. 

Let's re-ground ourselves in the purpose here ... I wanted to create a blog that outlined my journey as the mom on a mission:
1.  Be the best damn mom on the planet.
2.  Conquer corporate America and continue moving up that ladder to my goals and aspirations at the top.
3.  Have fun and a sense of "balance" ... whatever that may be.
4.  Love, be kind and do what God would want.
5.  And capture a few real world experiences that will potentially be related to by other working moms and give inspiration those like us as a whole.

Instead of boring you with poorly written antics, I have a new and improved idea.  Sure, that book that I will one day write won't write itself, but instead I feel like there is a better real time way to tell this story.  Drum roll please ... it's my new resolution for 2012, to find ONE picture each week (at a minimum) that summarizes an important point in that week.  Work, life, family ... you name it - it's all fair game because that my friends is what makes a working mother who she is ... ALL of these things. 

And without further delay, here goes.  We are in week 3 of 2012 so I'll back-post the first two weeks and get on with things in real time. 

In the mean time, get out there and carpe the hell out of this diem!

xoxo
b

No comments:

Post a Comment